Come and catch Gold here at Exotic Fishing Thailand

Come and catch Gold here at Exotic Fishing Thailand
Come and catch Gold here at Exotic Fishing Thailand

Thursday, November 29, 2012

MORE FISH [ 2 NEW SPECIES ]


We have purchased some Atlantic Tarpon which are already a good starting size . I have only heard positive things about how fast Tarpon are growing in Thailand . They are not easy to catch but it will be a great challenge once we get them bigger. Tarpon are a new species for us as is the Peacock Bass..
I understand that Pacu are a very common fish in Thailand and every resort has them . We are stocking them because at a good size Pacu are very strong and will give any angler a great fight especially when understand that you cant pressure them too much or their sharp teeth will bite through the leader. This fish was weighed at 15 kg and was part of a large order of fish ranging from 5kg to 15kg which we are now growing in our ponds.
I have always wanted to go to South America and fish for Peacock Bass but never had the time .I think the second best thing would be to catch them in my own lake . This fish is one of 30+ fish which we have already bought and are presently gorging themselves on the Tilapia we feed them. .
Another Goonch for our collection.

I have all my Goonch in one stock pond and am carefully watching for any unusual activity as they are supposed to be so aggressive. I have had a few small dead Bighead carp float up with their tails bitten off but I am not sure if that is the Goonch or the Jau Jau which are sharing the same pond. My Indian Goonch which I am growing at home are growing rapidly although they just sit on the bottom not bothering each other until feeding time when they go into a feeding frenzy

No comments:

Post a Comment